The scholarships allow the selected CAR members (radiologist and residents/fellows) to acquire and develop leadership skills to become radiology leaders of tomorrow who will shape the future of radiology to ensure quality, elevate service and deliver extraordinary patient care. With the right leadership training and the understanding of how to apply the learning, the Radiology Leadership Institute (RLI) of the American College of Radiology (ACR) helps radiology professionals advance their careers and the profession.
RLI Leadership Summit
The RLI Leadership Summit is a leadership training program in radiology that is designed in close collaboration with business school experts to bring to bear the best business theories and research on how to improve your practices and departments.
Each session at this Leadership Summit will provide you with a deeper understanding of several of the biggest challenges facing health care and radiology today and how to turn those challenges into opportunities for capturing greater value in the modern patient cycle of care.
The applicant must plan his/her schedule accordingly even before the scholarship is awarded to ensure his/her attendance at the RLI Leadership Summit.
Title: Radiology Leadership in the Healthcare Ecosystem
Time and duration of the event: A two-day, interactive VIRTUAL event
Dates: September 10-11, 2021
For full details of the summit, click here.
Terms of Reference
The CRF is under no obligation to offer the scholarship annually.
The applicant must be a licensed diagnostic radiologist practicing in Canada (less than five years since the last fellowship) or a resident/fellow in a Canadian radiology training program and a member in good standing of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR). The applicant cannot be a current Director of the CRF and/or the CAR Board of Directors.
Applicants must have a history of leadership involvement, preferably in the radiology field. Such history can be demonstrated by the extent to which the applicant has participated in the following types of activities:
- Served on radiology or other governing boards or committees
- Performed mentoring/teaching and has supervisory experience
- Had impactful involvement and achievement in professional programs/associations such as sports, arts, science, business, etc.
- Performed other leadership activities (e.g., scout leader, church and charity activities, etc.)
- Performed public speaking (e.g., lectures or public announcements, radio or TV appearances, etc.)
- Demonstrated timelines and completion of assignments
- Showed creativity in solving problems
- Demonstrated responsibility on own initiative
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Displayed organizational skills (ability to handle multiple tasks, time management)
- Acted consistently with core ethical and personal values and convictions
Please submit by email to email@example.com the following typed documentation (preferably in English):
- Application form duly completed
- Current CV highlighting leadership positions
- Signed letter of recommendation from program director (if resident) or two (2) support letters from individuals who have observed me in a leadership role (if radiologist)
The CRF Leadership Scholarship application and its supporting documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2021.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by September 6, 2021.
A CRF Leadership Scholarship Selection Working Group will evaluate the applications.
Selection of the scholarship recipient will be based on the qualities of the candidate that demonstrate that he or she has exceptional leadership potential.
- Scholarship recipient will be announced on the CRF website, eNewsletter and Annual Report.
- Scholarship recipient will have to write a report on his/her experience which will be published on the CRF website.
Costs covered by the CRF
- Cost of summit registration